Thursday 18 August 2011

quotes and music

Tidying my desk, the bottom of which hasn't seen the light of day for a very long time! preparing for trying a new way of working and holidays.
 I came across favourite quotes from books that I read a lot at the beginning of dancing, I refound them a few years ago when making an artistic statement for Shallal.
......


Dance was always an experience for her, 
Not merely a performance,
 and never movement for it's own sake."
                               re Isadora Duncan in The Art of The Dance.


" In general it is the beauty of the individual style which catches me, the sheer unique quality of each personality."
                                  Natural Dance by Peter Slade


and then I am so excited to have found Rene Aubry's music again, many of my favouite music tracks are not on CD so I have to find time to research them again. One of the choreographers he wrote for was Pina Bausch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment